Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Chin (long story short)

I get a call from Emma's school this morning at 10am and they tell me that Emma fell on the playground and busted her chin. They thought it needed stitches. Now my child hates cuts. I remember one time she got a paper cut on her finger and you would have thought her finger got cut off. When I got to the school it was much worse than I could have pictured. She had a huge gash. Off we went to the Dr. She was a true trooper. They had to tie her down on a board so they could do what they needed to do. I really felt helpless. Can't describe the moments that followed but she finally got stitched up and only cried a little. She was such a big girl. I almost passed out and had to sit down. Off we went to Toys R Us for anything she wanted! I must say that our Pediatrician is amazing. He was so good with her and he made this terrible accident something that we were able to handle. Our angel for the day. So Emma is recovering and doing better. Here are picts from tonight. Her first stitches. I was told she will have a scar. I hate that for her. But thank goodness she is a girl. Nothing make up can't fix when she gets older.

The Stitches

Izzie taking a look
Emma took this picture of me... tired and worn out!





3 comments:

Tanya said...

When I was 5 years old, I did the VERY same thing. Still have the scar from the 5 stiches I got in my chin. Of all that I remember about the whole event, it was the look on my mom's face when she first saw me. Not a fun sight. She was close to freaking out. I probably would have been too. Good job for making it through it!!

The Addison Onion said...

i have a scar there too! i fell standing on the edge of the bathtub. so glad she did great!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I have the same scar only I passed out and hit the cement porch chin first, I was 13. Oh the fun of motherhood. Way to go Kim and you can still smile pretty for a picture. Hope you feel better Emma.