Wednesday, August 1, 2007

It's just a lunch

I just listened to Dave finish his last night of camp for the summer. Student Life had been broadcasting it the past three nights. So every night I have come to the computer to listen and be a part of the ministry we are doing. I would not be honest with myself if I said that I am not at a place of surrender. Do you ever have moments where you know that there is something more to be a part of but what? He talks on this night about how Jesus used one boys lunch to feed thousands. Jesus could have fed them on his own but he chose to let his disciples be a part of his work. I sit here and feel like I have these people before me that I am to feed and now I am just looking to go and find the food. I guess I have been looking for some time now. I just have this constant urging in my heart and soul to be a part of something that only God can do through me. Dave goes to tell stories of people young and old who see needs in our world and they go and meet them. I just get stuck on wondering what need am I supposed to meet. Sometimes I just want it to fall in my lap. Like a child who comes across our path to foster or adopt, a missions trip that comes my way. I can feed the hungry and I can give to organizations who are making a difference but I still don't know what I am supposed to do. Do you think I ever will? Do you just have to do many things and see if they work? Part of Dave and My mission is to do what he is doing. To awaken people to brokenness and the healer that can bring beauty out of it. I feel like I say that all the time. But it's just normal for us. Common sense. We live and breath it everyday. That is why we do Wayfarer. Why we write material, why Dave leaves his home and our family and goes to big and small places to keep sharing that passion and vision to people. It's why we choose to live in the bible belt... as much as I hate living in the bible belt. People here just need to wake up to reality and to what God wants to do in this world and get away from their rules and regulations. So you see, sometimes I sit here at my computer and feel like I am not doing anything to play my role. In reality I am but there always seems that urging to do more. So I am at a point of surrender and am pleading with God to bring his plan across my path.

We are among the most educated and wealthy people of this world. To those who much have been given, much is required. I beg that the lord would use our hands and feet and do God sized things in the world. The world needs us. People need us. Why can't our communities and families look a little more like Acts. Why can't I stop thinking about all the things I need to do and just do them.

No comments: