Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Happy Anniversary Babe!

Living the Blessing....

9 years ago today Dave and I were married at his home church in RockVegas. (Rockledge, FL). I remember the first time we met. It was my sophomore year of college. Dave had asked me to a singing Christmas Tree performance. We went. Talked a little. He dropped me back off and that was that. No connection. He or I were not interested. Didn't talk or really see him for a year. A year later our paths cross again. My group of friends were hanging out with his group of friends. And if you know our story you know there still was not interest there... at least on my part. He was just this nice short little soccer player. Everyone claimed we looked like we could be brother and sister. Regardless, we hung out a lot. Became great friends. I got worried and thought he was thinking that I wanted more. We had a DTR. I told him I only wanted to be friends. He looked at me as if I were crazy to think there was anything more.... he "said" he felt the same. So with that under the table we found ourselves hanging out even more.

A few more months go by and we are about to go on spring break. He is heading on a missions trip to Antigua and I am heading to Tampa to see family. While I am gone I am really missing him.... I mean REALLY missing him. It was then that I knew. I knew I wanted more than friends. I knew I wanted this person to be a part of my life. I knew that I loved this person. After the week away I headed back to campus and plopped myself on his doorstep waiting for him to return. He did. I asked if I could take him to dinner. Told him how I felt. He felt the same... had for a long time... and the rest... well..... it's our history. A wonderful one at that. Life has been so much fun with Dave. I wake up each day knowing I'm secure and wondering what new journey we'll be on. I realize that I am living in the blessing. God has blessed us so much. He’s blessed me. We have a beautiful home, two crazy wonderful daughters, friends that share our life with us, and our one family that is close by helping our journey and one that is way too far helping too.

So Dave, I’m so proud of you for what you have done with your life and how you lead our lives together. I love my life. I love you, I love our family. I am beyond thankful that we were brought together. I truly feel everyday that I’m living in the blessing. Thanks for putting up with me. In some ways our life has just begun!

Love you!
Me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Dave and Kim! Happy Anniversary, friend.