Monday, April 2, 2007

I'm trying to find the band wagon

So here is the deal... The past three weeks I had fallen off the band wagon and it went way on ahead of me. Now I am yelling for it trying to find it.... Do you ever feel like that in life. Here is what happened.

Yesterday at church the nursery systems went down so there were very long lines at the check in process. While waiting Emma's friend Logan came over to hang out with us. While he was there he looked at me and said.. "Miss Kim, are you having another baby?" He's 4 yrs old by the way.... and I looked at him and said "Oh my! No... Why are you wondering? Do I look like I'm going to have another baby?" He smiled and me and laughed and said "yes!" Dave who was standing next to me started to chuckle. "That's it" I told him. "I am going back on body for life and starting to use the treadmill today. I just got called out by a 4 year old! "

So here is the deal if you know me.... If I carry any extra weight at all it goes straight to my mid section. My children have both done a real number on me. I basically shot out like a Boeing 747 with both kids. It was unimaginable how straight out my stomach went. And it will never.. I mean never be the same again. When skin stretches that far out.... when it retracts there is no where for it to go! Ok, I think I've given way too much detail. So anyway.. I'm already at a permanent disadvantage.... But whenever I gain those extra pounds it just accents my already beautiful belly.... With that said I have put back on a few pounds these past few weeks from eating way too much chocolate and ice cream and pizza and leave it to a 4 year old to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Here's the deal... I'm not that obsessed about weight or how I look. I am very comfortable in my skin. However I don't want anyone to look at me and wonder if I'm pregnant. So I am going to try and make sure that you don't have to question that. As far as Logan... Sweet precious Logan. I want to thank him for giving me the extra motivation to try and keep a healthy lifestyle and get some physical activity in during my week. Leave it to an innocent child to be able to speak truth! Gotta love it. So last night was the first night back on the treadmill and it wont' be the last.
Happy Monday!

No comments: